Monday, December 1, 2008

Home From the Holidays-Pictures needed

We spent a fabulous week in Salt Lake City for the Thanksgiving Holiday.  It was a mini family reunion on my dad's side of the family. Siblings, cousins, aunts and uncles galore.  Family came in from all over including Arizona, Sacramento and Los Angeles.  We totaled 37 strong, with a dozen of those being children.  The only people missing were my brother Jacob and his beautiful wife Jeni.  Apparently New Zealand is too far away to make a weekend trip to Utah feasible.  Whatever.

We have no pictures.  None.  I packed the camera in the car, brought it into the house and never looked at it again.  So, if anyone has pictures from the weekend, we would love it if you would send us copies.

Now we are full swing into Christmas.   Today, I am unpacking, cleaning up and setting up decorations.  I need to get our Advent activities started (more on that later.) Visions of sugarplums and holiday activities are dancing through my head as I try to get everything organized.  I love this time of year, and hope that my children will have warm memories.

Hope you had a  wonderful Thanksgiving.  

5 comments:

The Hills... said...

Bummer. I didn't take many pictures either. I wish we could have spent more time with you guys. The music class you did was adorable! It was good to see you!

Serena Potter said...

Hey, I found this documentary which is really what Elizabeth is having me do. I need to find a copy. Here is the website http://www.jennanorwood.com/

I'll send pics soon. Your mom has mine as well.

Glad to see you made it home!

Michele said...

Yeah - we did finally make it home. What an epic! Can't wait to see the photos.

Calli - it was really short! You guys were in and out. Hope you had a good weekend.

Nicole Hernandez said...

We didn't get any good pictures. What are your advent activities? What are some of your holiday traditions? I'm trying to start some of our own.

Tami said...

I am happy to email- just leave me your address. (tamialdama@blogspot.com) Our camera broke the morning after Thanksgiving. (Little hands playing with it)What a fun weekend so fun seeing you all!