So, to fool myself into thinking that I'm not actually writing, I'm going to make a list of things that have happened to us in the past month. (Like brainstorming - you know, not reeeeal writing)
And maybe I'll throw in a picture or two for kicks.
1. Got really gripped about not having jobs.
2. Got really happy because Douglas got a job.
3. Douglas started new job.
4. Took the family to Utah to visit grandma and grandpa.
5. Rode more miles on a bicycle than is good for my tender, nether regions.
6. Celebrated Mason's 2nd birthday.
7. Saw dinosaurs.
8. Got a great new haircut.
9. Drove 800 miles by myself with three kids in the back seat.
10. Stayed inside for an entire week while trying not to breathe ashes from humongous forest fire in the mountains above our town.
11. Casually looked around for teaching jobs in SoCal.
12. Was told that no teaching jobs were available.
13. Was told by same person that I was to interview for non-existent job.
14. Was offered teaching position. ( I think it was the haircut)
15. Now scrambling to arrange daycare and lesson plans.
And I now have a good reason to keep posting updates on this blog - to prove that teaching algebra to middler schoolers hasn't actually killed me.