Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Various and Assundry

I haven't felt much like blogging lately, some days are just like that I guess.  But even though I don't feel like writing, I keep checking my blog, wondering if it has changed despite my lack of effort.  It never has.  I must therefore, bite the proverbial bullet and write something myself.

This past weekend was Father's Day.  Addison surprised Douglas with a felt tie she had made when we were visiting my parent's ward in SLC.  It was darling! (See picture)  And to attest to Douglas' greatness of character, he wore it proudly to church.  All of the other fathers were jealous, of course.  
My own Funky Fresh Father is currently tooling around Ireland with my Fabulous Mom.  I hear they are having a wonderful time.  Love you Dad!

This past weekend Douglas and I celebrated our 10th anniversary.  (Woo-Hoo!) 
We celebrated our "family birthday party" with the kids (thanks Valerie for the great idea!)  We retold our wedding day story, and all the mushy, lovey-dovey stuff we remember best.  Then we took the kids for ice cream.  I wanted to get out the wedding albums, but somehow they got put into cold storage.  The best part of the weekend though, was when Douglas and I forked out the $4000 to hire a babysitter and go out for an evening.  This year we opted for sushi - yum, yum!

And now for the kids:

Addison and I have started studying Latin together.  So far:  Sum non nauta et lego ergo sum! (Translation for you non-Latin speakers:  I am not a sailor and I read, therefore, I am.)  In two more days she will be officially done with third grade and I will have a fourth grader on my hands.  The horror, the horror.

Elias wiped out and hit his chin hard.  He has a horrible bruise.  Everytime he looks in the mirror, he fake cries and says his chin hurts.

Big milestone of the past week - Mason is officially crawling!  Ta-dum.  He is everywhere and into everything.  He particularly likes the cat food.  You gotta love the crawling stage.

8 comments:

Nicole Hernandez said...

Sorry about your Grandma Wilson. I am sure she'll be missed. Happy Anniversary! I can't believe it's been 10 years-that means I've been home from my mission for 10 years! Yikes.

amanda jane said...

wow, glad to hear from you! we were just wondering if Mason was finally crawling. and Happy Aniversary - love the family birthday idea, that is one to use for sure!

heidi said...

Happy Anniversary.

I am now at
www.heidisaid.com I made my family blog private, but heidi said just for fun.

Anonymous said...

Happy father's day to the happy father!

Michele said...

Nikki, ten years really does fly! I still remember your shell shock at our wedding LOL.

Amanda - the family birthday is a fun tradition. I highly recommend it. Let me know what you do.

Heidi - can't wait to check it outl

Tami said...

This is the 2nd time this year we have missed seeing you at your parent's house by a few days. So glad to see you post again! We check in on everyone often!

Michele said...

Tami, good luck with the housing hunt. Hopefully our paths will coordinate soon.

Potters said...

I tried to get the girls to learn latin with me one summer. It did not last long. How are you doing it? Book, website, video?