Monday, June 23, 2008

Pasadena Pops Weekend

Whew!  Summer has officially begun and we have started off running!

Last Friday night Douglas and I attended an open air concert at the Desconso Gardens featuring the Pasadena Pops and  Singing Cowboy Poet, Michael Martin Murphy.  Addison's violin teacher, Laurie Niles plays with them and was kind enough to give us tickets.  The whole evening was a blast for me - even though it was stinkin' hot.  Since I love folk music and Aaron Copland, it was apple pie for my ears.  Delicious.  

I only had one problem with the evening - the Pops music director, Rachael Worby, was a total spaz!  She actually introduced Mr. Murphey by saying he was there because "I hold a special place in his heart."  I do have to admit it was very fun to watch her conduct because she had A TON of energy and was completely over the top.  And she is a great advocate for the orchestra - you go girl!

If you get a chance, check out their summer season.  


1 comment:

The Hills... said...

Wish we were having the weather you are in CA. Love the father's day tie by the way. Hope is well with you guys. Tell the fam hello for us!