Thursday, May 8, 2008

What Would You Do

if you hadn't showered in two days, the house was a disaster and your child had a fever of 102 and . . . your old friend/flame from college calls and says I'm in town for one night and would love to get together and meet the fam.  Do you . . .

1. Begin cleaning like crazy, after lamely telling your friend what a lousy housekeeper you are.
2.  Call your hairdresser for an emergency appointment, take a shower and buy a new outfit.
3.  Go to the gym and try to lose 20 lbs in 2 hours.
4.  Say, this isn't a good time for me - maybe next time. (The smart choice - which should make it obvious this was not the choice I made!)

So can you guess what I ended up doing?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

well there is one more... rentafamily.... do #'s 1,2,3 and go to a friends estate
friend is only in town for one night you said...
sorry you had a rough week..
hope your kids are better soon
love to you all

nancy
b

Michele said...

Nancy I love it! I'll have to remember that for next time.

Megan said...

Daniel came down with a fever like that too. Community bug? I'm at Disneyland... so you know where my priorities are! :)

Serena Potter said...

So, what did you do?

Craig said...

Its been a few years but I'm going to guess you did #1 & #2.

or just #1 depends on how hot the old flame was.

Kristi David said...

Hmmmm, well, I think I would wash my hair and tidy up. I'm too lazy to do much more!