Monday, May 5, 2008

Tribute to a Great Kid!


Dramatic, enthusiastic, smart, bossy, sweet, helpful, impertinent, kind, loving . . .
My sweet little girl is growing up and becoming an amazing young lady.  I am so proud of her and all of her accomplishments.  This little girl is so much bigger than her tiny little frame would have you believe.  That brain of hers is constantly ticking away and her heart is full of enthusiasm for everyone and everything. There is so much that she wants to do and try. 
This past month, my dear daughter organized a week of Earth Day activities for her school.  She created an agenda for the principal to approve, chose an event for each day and spent her recess and lunch times running these activities.  She stood up in front of the entire school, announcing her plans and challenging everyone to adopt her motto :  "Make everyday Earth Day!" she shouted to the assembly.  That week she was able to help over 130 students make pledges to help the planet.  Her enthusiasm carried the school.  And this past Friday, she was awarded student of the month for all her efforts.  
This little slip of a girl has a strong soul!  Her enthusiasm and curiosity is a constant lesson to me.  I just hope I can keep up and give her the love and support she needs to be her best self. At the same time,  I also wish she didn't want to grow up so fast.  "Slow down," I tell her constantly.  And in my heart I say, be my little girl just a little longer.

This weekend she began complaining that she didn't feel well, and last night it hit full force.  High fever, headache, sore throat.  She is very dramatic about the whole thing - as is to be expected.  She was most upset about having to miss state testing this week.  She burst into tears until I could convince her that she could make up the tests next week.  What a kid!  You gotta love her.




8 comments:

Idaho Bushmans said...

Wow! What a great family you have. Addison looks so pretty. You do take great pictures. Glad you are well. We are going to Disneyland for a week in June if you want to come meet us for lunch or at the park. Talk to you soon.

ally

Unknown said...

wow... a kiddo to be proud of for sure.... she does have a good heart. good job addison...
nancy

Michele said...

Ooh, Disneyland. The happiest place on earth. Let me know when and we'll see if it works for our schedule.

Kristi David said...

Yes, I do love her. She is a sweet little girl and she never stops amazing me in primary! I never had that much enthusiasm and drive at her age!
P.S. I don't think many people could top your embarrassing moment BTW!

Jen said...

Congratulations, Addison! I am so impressed. That really is a great photo.

Potters said...

Well done Addy! The great thing about enthusiasm is that it rubs off on other people. Keep it up! Hope you are feeling better!

Tami said...

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree- she is so much like you both! You have beautiful kids-love reading about them!

Unknown said...

This made me weepy, as I thought about us holding toddlers on our laps seven years ago and posing for that picture--our amazing kids are just growing too fast. I love seeing Addy's pics--I can't believe how life is spinning by. Wah!