Sunday, May 11, 2008

LACE Award for Susan Russell



Susan Russell the priest I have been making my documentary about was honored two weeks ago with a LACE award. It's an award given by the Los Angeles Gay and Lesbian Center for activity in the community. Being LA the award is given at a big gala and a good number of super glam Hollywood types show up. As part of the award there is a small video made to introduce the award recipients at the gala. I was contacted to be interviewed on tape for the video. Naturally I was glad to sing Susan's praises on tape. I also let the people making the video use some of the footage that I shot with Susan. Here are the results.

It was a bit frightening to be on the wrong side of the camera, so I just went on and on and on, its a tribute to the magic of editing that I actually appear to say anything coherent!

5 comments:

Potters said...

Well said Doug!

Kristi David said...

Looking forward to the whole documentary!

Unknown said...

You did a great job Doug... I too am looking forward to the whole documentary..
nancy

Anonymous said...

Huzzah for civil rights!

douglas hunter said...

Thanks everyone. I should also mention that the film is progressing. I handed it over to the composer on Friday! That's a big step.