Thursday, March 27, 2008

Blog Slacker

We've been in Utah for the past week and I have been a big bloggin' slacker. I plan on posting when we get home.
It's been both a relaxing and a not at all relaxing week for me. Family time can be that way. In fact, going on vacation with three small children is almost exactly like being at home with three small children. The only difference is, Grandma's house is much bigger with MANY more valuable things that can possibly break. (Thankfully the only casualty so far has been a mouse, but we're still here so I'm not out of the woods yet!)
Secondly you feel obligated to cram three weeks worth of activities into one week so that "vacation time" is not wasted. (Laura, I think the quotations marks are appropriate in this instance.) This really messes with my nap schedule. Oh, and of course, the children's naps as well.
On the plus side - Grandma's house has a "sleep chamber" (I know, again with the quotation marks). This house has a basement bedroom that is dark and quiet and has been assisting Mason to learn to sleep through the night, aka cry it out, without waking up entire apartment buildings in the process. He has learned very well and I am hoping it will stay with him when we return home.
Another plus has been seeing my dear friend Valerie's new home and visiting with her while our children ran wild in their humongous backyard.
So overall I will be happy to return to my own home knowing that I have put a few more wonderful memories into my children's bag. Good mommy, good mommy. Now, when can I spend a few days alone at a spa inTahiti?

3 comments:

Megan said...

You know that I am seriously game for a mommy trip to Tahiti... :)

heidi said...

I'll join you on that trip to Tahiti.

Nicole Hernandez said...

That's nice you've been able to spend time in Utah. Is it Valerie Christensen who moved to UT?
I'll join you in Tahiti as well.