Thursday, November 1, 2007

Happy Halloween




Another Halloween come and gone, except for the candy which seems to linger. And then one day, it just magically disappears! (Where does it go I wonder?!)

Trick of treating was fun as usual. We go a block and half south of the apartment and join the throngs of Hamilton students and their parents filling the streets. Addison always finds friends and this year she visited her 2nd grade teachers' house! She was thrilled about that.

This year Elias really got into it. He was so excited as soon as he learned that people would put candy into his tool bag if he just said "nicker eat" and "nank you." He did not want to go home at the end of the night. I stuck him in the stroller and he pointed at every house and cried "That one, mama, that one." Douglas' feelings are that trick or treating with 2 and 3 year old is much more fun because they are so cute at the door. This is true, but boy they sure don't need all the candy.

Addison really did Hermione Granger justice. She can make a great "know-it-all" face. And I enjoyed volunteering in her classroom for their halloween party. I even made it a little educational by teaching a short art lesson about depth perception and shading. (We drew pumpkin patches.)

I included a picture of the pumpkins that Douglas and Addison designed. This year Addison drew her own design and cut out some of the shapes. She was very proud of herself. I told her that she was lucky, when I was seven, all dad would let me do was scoop out the pumpkin guts.

4 comments:

amanda jane said...

Love the pumpkins, I think that is my favorite part of Halloween.

Nicole Hernandez said...

How fun! Did Mason dress up too? We just did trunk or treat at my parents' ward. It was nice and easy. Next year I think I will get more crafty and come up with a cool costume-if I can convince Lucia not to be a Disney princess.

The Hills... said...

Whoa! Addison makes a great Hermoine! I love the wig! By the way, I made your butternut squash soup today and we loved it! Thanks for the recipe!

Potters said...

Cute costumes! I thought Elias would be a train conductor! Very good pumpkins. See you soon - When would you like us Saturday?

Serena