Monday, October 29, 2007

Playing with Elias


Elias really enjoys playing with his train set. He has a motorized engine that chugs around. He likes to put it on the track, he also likes to watch it chug gently under the couch. It has taken a couple of months for him to learn how not to immediately break the track apart. Now, we can usually keep a track for at least fifteen minutes. I think its a sign of a growing attention span!

I like building the tracks. I've been trying to figure out different configurations that allow the engine to completely circle all the tracks without moving the train by hand. This is the track I built today. I kind of like it. It was destroyed a few minutes after the picture was taken. I guess that's just part of my and Eli's "art."

Today, Elias, Mason and I went for a walk down the street to visit the Whistle Stop Train Store. Obviously, a model train store. We watched the trains in the window and then went inside. It is definitely a shop for serious model train builders, but they also had a little set-up with Thomas the Train tracks and engines. Elias had a great time playing with the display set. It was a great outing and only a 5 minute walk away. I think we'll get some more train pieces for Christmas.

2 comments:

amanda jane said...

We are so excited to see Elias and his siblings in just a few short weeks, less than that even.

Potters said...

Oh, I want to play! I've always wanted a train set, really. I want one to go around the tree and have a little village...someday. I remember going to a funeral in Rigby Idaho for...who? One of our Mason/Madsen relatives. Anyhow, the funeral director had a huge train set in the basement of the funeral home. It was so cool! It was table high, had mountains and towns, bridges and tunnels. I remember on the back seat of the caboose was the conductor's hat. Funny how things stick in your mind. I don't know how old I was...

Serena