Sunday, March 13, 2011

Today

As I sit down to update our blog the Crosby Stills Nash lyrics play through my head, "It's been a long time coming."

Regularly updating a blog is a force of habit that, once you let slip, is hard to regain the necessary momentum to start again. One week turns into a month, turns into several months and before you know it, you don't remember your blog password!

A few months ago, I started a Masters Program through Western Governor's University. The degree I am working on is called the Masters of Arts in Mathematics Education (5 - 12). The program consists of a mix of pedagogy classes and math classes. I just finished Trig, am working on Probability and Statistics and will start a Calculus class in a few months. Am I crazy? I am beginning to think I might be.

Between working full-time, family life, church life and now school life, things are very busy. Thankfully, Douglas has been very supportive. His current lack of work has been a blessing in disguise. Since Douglas returned from the East Coast, he has finished writing his second Self-Coach Climber book. Even though he is constantly looking for work, he just hasn't found anything yet. In the meantime, he is able to bless our home life immensely!

Douglas is currently the axel that keeps our crazy wheel spinning. He takes the kids to school and picks them up. He plays with the boys at the park so I can study. He makes dinner several times a week. And of course, the apartment is cleaner than it has ever been under my rather lackadaisical efforts. He is a good man and I am grateful!

1 comment:

J.A. Jones said...

Wonderful idea! I envy that you are continuing your education and in such an exciting field. Kids remember their math teachers- especially the really good ones.
We would love to see you if your ever come up North.