Thursday, September 4, 2008

Birthday Cake



I made a delicious carrot cake with cream cheese frosting for Mason's birthday.  This is a departure from the usual chocolate cake with mounds of fluffy buttercream frosting that I have made for other birthdays.  I have some concerns with Mason and food allergies.  There are no signs that he actually has any, but his skin is so sensitive that I worry.  So I decided, in my strange way, that carrot cake would probably be the safest bet.  He liked it.  He like the ice cream more. (I guess we're not worried about milk allergies.)


5 comments:

amanda jane said...

happy birthday little guy!

Potters said...

Yum, carrot cake. I wish we had been there. Our colds are still lingering with the glue. Can't seem to get rid of that.I hope he had a good birthday!

Thomas said...

PS I made your chocolate zucchini bread!! YUUUUUMMMMMM! Thanks for that and keep those recipes flowin. I think I'm going to start posting recipes too. I am feeling so uninspired as of late with cooking. I want the weather to cool down so I will feel like turning on the oven.

Michele said...

Potters - Hope you are feeling better soon, we missed you as well.

Kath - That recipe is from Val and it rocks! I did make tortilla soup, and even though soup seems strange on a hot day - it really hit the spot. Maybe because it is a little spicy?

Nicole Hernandez said...

Happy Birthday to Mason-cute kid!