Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Who Knows Where the Time Goes. . .

This past weekend was my 35th birthday.  We celebrated with a trip to the mountains to watch the Potter girls.  I really enjoyed the windy, stormy weather.  It almost felt as though we weren't in SoCal anymore.  I also got in a little bird watching (about 15 minutes!), but was able to identify a Northern Flicker, which I had never seen before.  I think it was nature's gift to me.  :)

Speaking of birds, Douglas got me a great gift.  He bought a doubler for the camera.  This lengthens the lens so that I can possibly take pictures of birds without being right next to them.  I'm still learning how it works, so I will have to post pictures as I take them.

This week is also Girl Scout cookie deliveries.  Mmmmm . . . thin mints. However, because of
 my uber-competitive nature, I encouraged Addison to sell a bazillion cookies.  Now, I must find a way to deliver said cookies.  Sigh.  So if you ordered cookies and haven't gotten them yet - call me!

And for those of you living in less temperate climes still dreaming about spring, well, I must
 say SoCal does have its perks.  Today is absolutely gorgeous.  80 degrees, blues skies, slight breeze.  I spent the afternoon at the park with the boys and watched Elias kicking his soccer ball and chasing squirrels.  I think we all got a little pink.  Here are some pictures (and yes I was trying out my new lens, I never had to get off the park bench.)

9 comments:

Chelsea said...

Happy belated 35th birthday! I am very jealous of your nice weather :) I can't wait for it to warm up here, so we can play at the park.

heidi said...

happy birthday--what a great gift, that would be my first choice as a gift too. springtime is my favorite here in so cal. so beautiful and the skies are to die for.

Nicole Hernandez said...

Sorry I missed your birthday! I did think about you that day. Hope it was a good one.
Cute pics.
Nikki

amanda jane said...

you lucky girl! glad we got to talk today, and love those pics of Eli - what a fun kiddo. makes me miss you even more. Happy Birthday!

Megan said...

Glad you had a nice birthday. How was the cake?? :) (And the evil you purported at my doorstep is already down 1/5 boxes!)

Potters said...

The flicker is impressive. We don't see him very often. Thank you so much for taking care of the girls. It was nice to know they were in good hands. By all the trimmings in the composte I can tell you ate healthy!

Thomas said...

Happy Birthday Michele!!! did you do anything fun?

Michele said...

Fun? You mean more fun that 5 children in a storm bound cabin in the mountains fun? How about several hours of Guitar Hero and Dance, Dance Revolution - does that count? I think it does!

Anonymous said...

So sorry we missed you - we called, but you must have been out partying! :) We do send our love, birthday girl!