Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Eat Your Vegetables


Saturday Addison and I went to the Farmer's Market. In my ongoing efforts to get our family eating more vegetables I let her help me pick some. After getting the standard, broccoli, bok choy, peas, Addison noticed a table covered in brussel sprouts. Lets try those! Without saying a word, I picked out a bunch to have with dinner.

Skip ahead to dinner time. Major Drama! As you can imagine - Addison hates brussel sprouts and cried throughout dinner. I actually thought they were pretty good. I had done my best to make them taste good - I sauteed them in garlic, butter and olive oil until they were tender. Oh well, maybe she'll do better with the swiss chard . . . .?

P.S. Check out my, everything food blog to learn more about the world's healthiest foods.

2 comments:

Potters said...

My kids like brussel sprouts. We usually steam them and put vinegar and oil on them.

amanda jane said...

I aplaude the effort, I would have just said NO - since in the end I would have to eat them ALL by myself. can't count on Johnny's help in that department, wait maybe I can now! glad to get those wheels a churning, look out adventure here we come!