Tuesday, November 6, 2007

AAAAAAARRRRRGGGHHHHHH!

The more I have to do the more I want to slow down. Here are the events that are lining up in my week:

1. YW in Excellence (and no this is not a simple event - this is "The Oscars". The presidency has gone crazy and we spent more than 2 hours today setting up the primary room to look like an Art Deco Banquet Hall complete with a Walk of Fame and Red Carpet. It's very over the top, but very cool. The girls will love it and never know how much work it all was. The actual event is tomorrow night.)

2. Dentist appointments (which I cancelled)

3. Violin Lessons (must go because I totally ditched last week)

4. Elias' Music Class (the entire class he whines and clings to me - This is a whole 'nother subject!)

5. PTA - I am the Reflections Chairperson so must attend general mtg on Thursday evening and then have fliers ready by Friday.

6. Addison's Birthday Party (I really want to enjoy this, but am feeling overwhelmed - the Theme? Pizza and Pedicures)

7. Primary Program - Addison has a special violin part and has two practices.

8. Addison's Baptism - Yeah! I need to get everything ready.

9. Mason's Blessing - Yeah! Douglas can handle this one!

10. The descending of family and friends for these great events. Including my dear, beautiful Grandmother Sharon and her new fiance Steven (however, by the time they have passed through Mesquite he will be my new grandfather!)

Did I mention that I have to play a piano accompianment for the YW night. The song is beautiful but I cannot get in any practice time. Apparently my playing piano means that mommy wants Elias to climb onto the piano keys and try to climb inside the piano, and many times it makes Mason cry. I keep trying to tell him that if he would let me practice more, it wouldn't sound so bad!

I am experiencing a tiny amount of stress over these events! No wonder I have downed a pint of Ben and Jerry's Phish Food, 2 candy bars, In and Out Burger with fries, and several mugs of hot cocoa in the past 48 hours. And to top it all off, I have tweaked something in my back and neck that makes it very difficult to turn my head. 1600 grams of ibuprofen have hardly touched it.

Now, this might all seem like complaining. And I guess it is. But the truth is - life is stressful. I just hope that I can embrace the stressful times as much as the joyful times - because it all passes too quickly. This week will be over before I know it (thank goodness!). My question for myself is - Will I remember the fun I had or will I remember the stress? I guess the answer will depend on me and what I choose to focus on this week. AAAAAAARRRRRGHGGHGHGHGHG. I am SOSOOOOO Oveer THIS!

2 comments:

amanda jane said...

I really wish I could be there to help you! I feel bad being part of the stress and not enough of the solution - I can absolutely empathize with your state of mind, sounds like me right now, last week, and the day we get back home. It just never stops hitting the fan around here! I would be happy to take the kids one night so you can have your hands free!

Michele said...

Hey - How about McCall babysits Saturday night and the adults go to the movies! (Baby Mason in tow of course) Serena, do you think she can handle it?