Saturday, December 5, 2009

Tis the Season


to remind oneself why candy is not good for your health. This morning I feel like I've been punched in the jaw. Probably related to the molar I had pulled yesterday.

I am pretty sad about this, especially since I now have to find the money to pay for the implant to replace it. I was surprised though at how fast pulling a tooth out is. I'm so used to sitting in the dentist chair for at least an hour. But of course a repair takes more time than a yank!

So today I am slurping down oatmeal and soup and trying to ignore the giant hole in my mouth. I'd post a picture but it's awfully dark in there!

Speaking of teeth, Addison had her first visit to the orthodontist this week. The doctor described her as having eight-year-old teeth in a five-year-old mouth. (And yes, she is ten) She has to have 7 baby teeth yanked out to make room for 4 molars to grow in. And when those molars arrive, out they come.

3 comments:

Megan said...

I had to have 14 teeth pulled when I was about that age. 8 baby, 6 permanent. Katie will likely be the same. Big mouth, little jaw. Take care of yourself!

amanda jane said...

yikes! we are holding our breath here. Grace looks ok, but Ella and Ruby - don't you love being the parent? hope you are feeling better!

Serena Potter said...

Is this Michele writing? OUCH! I'm still complaining about a little filling I had a month ago...