Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Reckless and Irresponsible Purchase of a New TV and Other Birthday Gifts

I asked Douglas what I should blog about, and he suggested the above title.

We've been very busy around here and my birthday was a bit neglected, or rather, the giving of a gift was postponed. So Saturday Douglas decided that we should take care of my birthday and buy a new television set. Its not very fancy as far as televisions go, but to us, it feels as though we have come up in the world. (We have not.) So now I can enjoy LOST with a clean picture on a 32" screen from the comfort of my own bed. Sounds pretty good to me. Thank you honey, it is a very fun birthday present!

My other birthday gift, is a bicycle. It is actually an old bicycle from my sister, Amber. But it is new to me and very exciting! I especially love that the bike is bright yellow, dubbed by my friend Liz, The Hornet. I have been riding my bike to work everyday. It's only a two mile commute, but I love the feel of the wind in my face. Riding a bicycle gives one a sense of freedom. I must make quite an image though, with my little backpack and all my fluffiness! But I keep pedaling along anyway.

Next time, I'll write a quick update on the boys. They are growing up so fast and Mason is such a crack-up!

4 comments:

Nicole Hernandez said...

Good for you! Getting out and exercising is so healthy! I really need to get active and healthy, but how do I do it with two in diapers (one still nursing) and a husband who works 12 hours a day?

Potters said...

I loved riding my bike in England. It was purple - purchased on a street corner from a charitable group supporting non fuel consuming modes of transport. I would strap my drawing pad and pencil box to the back to ride to the studio, I would strap the violin on the back to go to lessons, the family rode to the local park. I loved our bike outings. It just is so not going to happen on this mountain!

Hey, our TV is the same size - I think. I like it. Today, for our anniversary we are expecting the delivery of a muti region/format DVD player - it was a refurbished one so not expensive and now I can order UK DVD's from Amazon UK and watch them at home before they are released here! Woo hoo! Happy 15 years to us!

Tami said...

So glad to see you back on your blog. Nikki and I were wondering if you were going to stop. Where are you working these days? We would love to have a kid update!

Claudia said...

Checking in. Happy belated Birthday Michele! I too love "Lost". (I'm the only one in the family). Happy riding!