Thursday, November 13, 2008

Conversation with Elias

Sitting in the living room, I can hear Elias rummaging around quietly on the kitchen counter.  So I call to him.

Me:  Elias, don't put your fingers in the cake.

Now  I hear more shuffling as he gets down from the stool and comes into the living room.

Elias, holding up his hand to me:  Mom, this is my tasty hand!

Me:  Your tasty hand?

Elias:  Yes, it tastes cake.

Pause . . .

Elias:  Two times, uummm three times.  (Longer pause) No five times.

5 comments:

Kristi David said...

Very funny - I can see him doing it! Me? I have TWO "tasty hands"! That's why I still have 20lbs of baby to lose . . . does it count as baby weight almost a year later?

amanda jane said...

ah the laughter! was it pumpkin chocolate chip?

Michele said...

Kristi, I'm counting mine as baby weight - Cuz I'm sure if it hadn't been for the babies I would have never gained weight! Brahahaha.

Amanda - no, Addi's birthday cake - chocolate, yummy.

Potters said...

Oh Elias. What a kid. You have to smile.

Anonymous said...

Hahaha. What a crack-up.