Friday, September 26, 2008

Ups and Downs

This has been an interesting week to say the least.

The past few days the mercury has reached 97 degrees F.  Yucky.

Addison performed with her Suzuki group's Symphony Orchestra on Monday.  They sounded pretty good I thought.  I really like her Suzuki group.  It is so inspiring to go every week and hear all of these kids doing such amazing things.  

This week, after an eight week hiatus, Douglas landed and started a job on yet another television show.  A collective sigh of relief was heard around the room!  This free lance stuff can be so tough.

Douglas was also accepted into a film festival in Chicago.  Yeah.  We're keeping our fingers crossed that more festivals can find a spot for his piece.

I jumped into the sewing trend this week (I know, I'm a couple years behind the curve).  I
recovered our living room pillows following this tutorial from house on hill road.  I felt mighty proud!  You see, there are zippers involved!

Our bank, Washington Mutual, was seized by the FDIC and then bought by JP Morgan Chase Thursday night.

And, there is that little thing about the $700 billion government bailout - but let's not get started on that.  The current financial situation deserves a whole post in which I can rant and rave properly.

Hmmm.  Hope your week has been a good one.

5 comments:

Nicole Hernandez said...

Congratulations to Douglas on landing a job! Healthy Families is great! Julio and I are on his insurance, which next July, we won't have to pay a dime for. Good luck and what's this I hear about you moving to PA?

Tami said...

What a week! Congratulations on the job- what a relief! Your pillow (Striped ones) are made out of the material of our curtains! Isn't life so up and down?

Serena Potter said...

I love the fabric you chose. The pillows look great. My couch pillows next please!

Craig said...

So when are you going to post your rant and rave about the current financial situation.

Anonymous said...

Those are really cute Michele. Nice work!