Saturday, September 13, 2008

Daddy Daughter Camp Out 2008

This weekend was the famed Daddy-Daughter camp out for the Pasadena Stake. As usual the event was held at the Arcadia wilderness park. The event was well attended and a lot of fun. What I always think is funny, is that the dads always groan about all the "girly" activities that are part of the Daddy-Daughter camp out such as:

Climbing Trees.











Hanging out with dads.












Playing football.












Building a fort.











"Fear Factor" eating contest.













Making pirate faces.















Packing in their gear.


















Setting up their tents.












Living in tent city.
















Making the scene.












Partying all night long.
















Waiting for the breakfast to be served. . . .











By these slackers.
 

8 comments:

heidi said...

I wish our stake did something like that. I always try to do something with Delaney while the boys are away at their famed campout!

Laura said...

Kudos to you for getting the pics up. I've barely seen the pics much less blogged them. Come by my blog about november and I may get them up. Sigh. But I did see my little stinker in a few of those...she won the prize for being the youngest one there for the night. Tim has a funny picture he took of Doug brushing Addison's hair. He said she was screaming.

Potters said...

Looks like fun.

amanda jane said...

what a good time. and SO girly....

Unknown said...

what great pictures... Addison and Ellen told me they had a great time... pinchhitter 'dad' Doug.. you are wonderful..

also glad it was not me... camping is sooo not for 'girliegirls'
nancy

Potters said...

Hey, I remember talk of a special screening of Doug's film. When is that going to happen? I bet her entire congregation would come if they knew about it. We'd be there!

douglas hunter said...

The event really was fun, and I really love watching when that many kids get together they love being in big groups and running around like crazy people. When we got in the car on Saturday to go home I told Addi that she would need a nap, and she said "no way!" by the time we got home all she wanted to do was get in bed.

Serena Potter said...

Love the quilt blog!