Saturday, January 12, 2008

A LITTLE SOLACE

These lyrics have been running through my mind today.

Where can I turn for peace?
Where is my solace when other sources cease to make me whole?
When with a wounded heart, anger, or malice I draw myself apart, searching my soul?

Where, when my aching grows, where when I languish,
Where, in my need to know, where can I run?
Where is the quiet hand to calm my anguish?
Who, who can understand?
He, only One.

He answers privately, reaches my reaching in my Gethsemane, Savior and Friend.
Gentle the peace he finds for my beseeching.
Constant he is and kind, Love without end.

3 comments:

heidi said...

this hymn is very special to me. it got me through a very tough time about 6 years ago. To this day I cannot sing it because I cry.

I love when a hymn pops into my head because I feel it means something, or it's there to help us with something.

amanda jane said...

I needed to hear that in this very moment. Thank you Michele.

Potters said...

Durning the big storm last week, when the wind was tearing at our house, pushing water under the door, sounding like a jet engine, I was in bed praying that we would not have any damage and a song popped into my head "the wind and the waves shall obey my will, peace be still...It really helped.