Wednesday, July 11, 2007

blog'n

O.K. so Michele created this blog and I want to support her. I have been bloging on another site for a few months now. (http://feastuponthewordblog.org) its a blog dedicated to scriptures and teaching in the Church. Its a remarkable group blog for the level of discussion and the generosity of the group of people who post there. Please check it out! I think I will use this blog in a more informal way, to post brief thoughts or sketches.

So, today. Well I work on the Paramount lot which is smack dab in the middle of Hollywood, and is about the oldest lot around. Stage 25 on which "In Treatment" is shot was built in 1929 and has been the home for Cheers, Fraiser, and the Lucy Show. Its a very noisy stage which has created all kinds of issues for us, we joke that its Lucy's ghost messing with us because our show is not funny enough for the old girl. The paramount Lot has a very "old hollywood" feel to it. On every wall hang pictures of bright eyed folks looking out from under straw hats, or directors wearing riding boots (yes riding boots!) sit on dollys looking through old Mitchel cameras. A few hundred feet from my office there is a big display with all the Oscars won by Paramount movies since the 1920's. Every few minutes a tour comes by my building and I can hear the sharply dressed summer interns telling tourists that Howard Hughes had a panic attack and locked himself in the theater on the second floor above my office. So here I sit in the belly of the beast as they say, When ever I leave my office to walk to set its sunny and 75 degrees with just the slightest breeze. Ah Hollywood.

6 comments:

Potters said...

I want to see! Can we get on one of these tours? Seriously.

Serena

douglas hunter said...

There are daily tours of the studio, I don't know if they are free or what. I'll look into it.

amanda jane said...

Was reading your User Bio - wow. Where araeyou guys this week? Any baby yet?

douglas hunter said...

You are not allowed to ask if we have a baby yet, since the due date is August 29th. I think Michele is going to go "postal" on the next person who says "you look like you are about to pop!"

We are in hot hot hot Pasadena.

Potters said...

Come to the mountain! We will put you on the futon and let you sleep with the cool breezes...

douglas hunter said...

Would love to but things are exploding for me and I need to stay put. Maybe Michele and the kids want to head on up.